The main access point to Cytomine data is its REST API.
It allows to import/export data from Cytomine-Core and Cytomine-IMS using RESTful web services e.g. to generate annotation (spatial) statistics, create regions of interest (e.g. tumor masks), add metadata to images/annotations, apply algorithms on image tiles, ...
The API documentation is automatically installed with our automated installation procedure. For the demo server, it is located here: http://demo.cytomine.be/restApiDoc/?doc_url=http://demo.cytomine.be/restApiDoc/api
This section includes:
- The main concepts/packages (data model) page that gives a complete overview of the data stored in databases
- A complete description of the REST API documentation to access data.
- Instructions to install the Java client.
- Instructions to install the Python client.
- Various data access code examples (simple Python scripts to upload (multidimensional) images, access tiles, get annotations, ...)